

I have just returned from a four day hiatus in my hometown, the Sault. It was nice to be able to relax with family and friends. I will post pictures of the trip later in the week. No energy left to upload a mass of photos.
With much encouragement from my mother (and some assistance with the bill), I was able to get a haircut, my eyebrows waxed, and some red low lights put in my hair. I was reluctant to take the time for the appointment as I hated to make a commitment during my trip home, but I felt so much better once I was finished at the salon. Plus, I think I have found the new hair stylist I've been looking for.
A week has gone by since I last posted. It is Monday evening and I spent good few hours of it in the Verizon store with Amandi after the charging port on my phone had broken over the weekend (for the second darn time). Blackberry, never again. I believe that the salesman liked us, which helped to make my indecisiveness a little less annoying. Amandi was charming as usual so she won him over immediately; I was on her phone with JG trying to have him help me in choosing a plan and didn't realize that the reason I couldn't really hear him was that I was talking into the ear piece. So after the sales people had a good laugh, I wasn't so bad to help either. Anyhow, I ended up with a new phone and even purchased a memory card so I can store all of my photos to upload to this blog. So excited am I!
When I arrived home from Verizon JG was (finally) using the external hard drive I had given him for Valentines day to download all of his i tunes onto. He had wanted to take Gavin to the beach for a swim but by this point, it was after 8 p.m. and I was hungry, crabby, and not feeling real adventurous. So instead we skipped the beach, picked up a pizza so we didn't have to cook in this heat, and checked out the features on my new phone. JG was SO proud of me for choosing a phone on special (I have a reputation for gravitating towards the expensive). I have to admit, I was a little proud of me too.
To top off the night, JG had a necklace made for me. It is beautiful and even more perfect than the one I had previously picked out in the store (the store version wasn't long enough for my liking so I no longer wanted it) because he had taken the time to pick out the stones himself, order them, and have it made. I love sweet surprises.
Well, that was enough excitement for me for a Monday. It is 90 degrees in my house and I am sweating like mad right now so I am going to go wind down for the night. I am longing to stay home with Gavin tomorrow and putz around the house working on projects but I can't. Here is to wishing right:)
I want to see your hair! And you! In person! :-)
ReplyDelete