
It's technically Wednesday but feels like Tuesday to me since I haven't yet gone to bed. Today was busy and eventful but only in a work kind of way. It is once again like 90 degrees in my house and I cannot sleep. JG fell asleep on the couch and I did try to wake him but he swatted at me like I was a fly and continued sleeping. Conclusion=he will be staying on the couch.
I've been thinking a lot about time lately and how I feel as if I am constantly chasing it. I want to do so much but there are only so many hours in a work day and even fewer after the work day is over. I cannot get past it. I obsess daily as to how I can go about creating more time and mourning over the amount of things I wanted to do but didn't get around to. I've yet to come up with any solutions.
It's a fine balance this concept of living in the moment and yet being an efficient, productive, human being with a sense of accomplishment. A balance that I have not even begun to master. I recently met an older couple who has completely changed their lifestyle in favor of a "simpler way of life." It is kind of odd but admirable in a way. Although I wouldn't want to exchange my lifestyle for theirs, I would not mind trading in a few aspects.
For example, I would eventually like to live further outside of town where there is less noise from traffic and people. Where JG can fish from our waterfront property and Gavin can go for a swim without us having to drive him to the beach. I would love to work less so I had more time to live in the moment, engage in activities I am passionate about, and enjoy the relationships in my life to the fullest (by Friday I have little left to give). I would like to be able to approach my free time like my husband does; his approach being the "what do I want after work" and mine being the "what do I have to do after work?"
Perhaps my personal improvement plan should entail a "simplify my life" section....hmmmmmmmm. Here we go again....riding the idea train.
Final idea of the night: going to sleep. 1:00 a.m. is not the time to get all ambitious and crazy.
*P.S. Abby I am reluctantly granting your request but I do feel I should red flag myself for taking a self-portrait (and an end of the night, 90 degrees in my house, unflattering one at that).
No comments:
Post a Comment