Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th


Last weekend was busy but in a good way.  Friday night Katrina and I had drinks on the deck and caught up on life. Saturday Ang's older girls watched her youngest, Camryn, and Ell so that the four of us could go out for dinner and drinks.  I managed to spit out a few projects around the house, which always makes me feel good. 

JG and I are both off this week so we are continuing to check items off of our lists.  Although we tend to disagree on which items need to be checked off. JG is wanting the deck stained, I want the living room painted. I agree to disagree, not sure he is quite there yet though.  I went into work because I need to be fingerprinted AGAIN; even though the State of Michigan told me that my prints were good for a year, they are now stating otherwise.  So here I go again, pain in the hinder and another 55 dollars later.  It is of course holding up my license.  I find it insanely annoying when I cannot get a straight answer so I am just going to go ahead and re-do them. 

We still have not made plans for today.  Pre-Ell life consisted of an annual yard party, however, SSM awaits me so I have been unable to convince myself that I want to add to the preparation. 

AS far as the white living room, I am thinking it may have to wait until I have a larger chunk of time.  Otherwise, I will be spending the remainder of the next two days attempting to paint with my 1.5 year old trying to help me.  No.thank.you.

The heat has been bad this week and it makes me pretty irritable, especially in the evenings when I can't get Ell to sleep.  JG left last night for a bonfire, lake swim, pizza, and beer party.  I normally am not a jealous person but I was pretty resentful.  I was not able to get Ell down until 11:30 ish so I may have him take her to the Lake today for a few hours in hopes to wear her out give me some alone time. That would be heavenly. Happy 4th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment