Saturday, July 14, 2012

Progress

Ell and her arm party.  July 2012.


Keeping along with my scattered theme, I have a few projects in the works in no particular order:
  • I am re-doing Ell's nursery.  I am not really into themes but have really been dreaming of beaches and loving summer so it is leaning that way.
  • I am working on some art work/photo prints for our house so that my brother can stop talking about my empty walls.
  • I was just accepted into the phase I NMT certification program through the child trauma academy and I am beyond excited to start it. JG, however, is supportive but completely unexcited about the cost. 
  • I have a few new billing contracts in the works for counseling.  
  • I AGAIN reconsolidated my student loans which should help the monthly budget out. 
  • I purchased string in sherbert colors for the kids at work to make bracelets out of and I must say, they make some pretty stuff.
  • I finally did a little rocker chic photo session with a very crabby Ell. 
  • I have been re-painting some old picture frames that we had in storage. 
  • I have been trying a few new recipes from pinterest.  Some have worked out nicely (olive garden salad dressing) some not (choc covered strawberries). 
  • Ell has slept through the night 3/5 nights this week which is record breaking and I have JG to thank; he has the magic wand apparently.
  • I am trying my hand at some transfer paper techniques in the craft department.  I will let you know how that goes. 
  • I have (2 days in, holding my breath) convinced my child to replace her far too frequently used phrase of "oh shit" with "oh man."  Big accomplishment folks, considering I never corrected her for swearing because given her oppositional nature, you can imagine how effective that would have been.

3 comments:

  1. haha...I love the "oh shit" one! that's hilarious! congrats on being accepted into the new program! miss you guys, hopefully I'll get to see you sometime soon :) love, Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to have been able to hear Ell say "oh shit" haha
    love her arm party and love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara-thanks and we miss you too. We should be home some time in August again so hopefully we can get together then.

    Britt-move your hinder back up here asap...we love you too:)

    ReplyDelete