| Elodie in her ghetto pool. June 2012. |
The laptop has been fixed, courtesy of Keith. Therefore, I am back to blogging but have to catch up on some picture taking before I have much to share in that arena.
Life has been busy and changing; the norm. Work has been increasing which is great; but I have been falling behind in my training so need to get a move on that. I am doing a short training for the health department on Thursday which I am a tad nervous about since public speaking is hardly my thing. I need to get over it though and this is the best way to do it.
Ell has been getting into trouble at daycare. It sucks. We've been talked to 5x in the last two weeks about her "violent" behavior, sneakiness, and overall defiance. So of course the logical question daycare asks...what is going on at home? No we don't spank her, each other, or watch violent television with her. I don't know why she is unruly, she just is. She is a wild and independent little soul who knows what she likes and clearly what she doesn't like. Listening being one of the things she doesn't like. And sharing. I won't even go into the rest of her offenses. I'm sure it will not be long until we are asked to pay to replace broken walls, baby gear, etc.
Yesterday as we were sitting on the floor she started hitting her baby doll and telling it "you look at me" (something she hears at daycare when she disobeys and then ignores redirection). Also a new favorite phrase she likes to say to her father and I; along with calling him by his first name which drives him c-r-a-z-y so she does it more. Logically.
I dont know. Parenting is hard. Parenting Ell often leaves me speechless. She is like my little brother's twin x10. Maybe x100. Depending on the day. She is crazy smart. Which obviously isn't always a good thing. She speaks in full sentences at her own choosing, has the dramatic flair and attitude of a teenager,and a non-existent fear response, all wrapped up with the impulses of toddler.
At least she is crazy cute to offset some of that fight club style she has going on.
I literally laughed out loud when you described her as Dane's twin!! so funny! love and miss you guys :)
ReplyDeleteha ha, love and miss you too Tara!
ReplyDelete