
This was week number three of company and the guest of the week was Zambon. I worked a bigillion trillion hours this week so I am in my p.j.'s at 8:00 p.m. on a friday night. I don't think I have ever been as "people exhausted" as I am right now from work. This week was more face-to-face time than is healthy for me; I couldn't even form a thought last night let alone today. But now I am alone and in silence. My version of heaven. Sigh. JG is gone to some hunting extravaganza for the weekend where the boys compete at shooting things. Poor animals. Hope they are hiding.
I am about to begin a nine day stretch of vacation time. Where am I going? Nowhere. Which is exactly what I want and need right now. I will be organizing and consolidating my student loans (fun times) so that JG can stop nagging me about it every night when I come home from work....then threaten me that we are going to lose our home (which we are not by the way). He is a little dramatic when it comes to money. I will be scheduling a dental appointment so that the dentist's office personnel will stop stalking me on a daily basis. As far as what else I plan to do...not sure yet. I am not that far into planning yet.
I had a great time with Zambon. I really do miss her and wish I hadn't had to work so late everynight so I could have spent more time with her. On that note, here is my tribute to you Zambon and why I miss you so?
- You are the only person in the world who can wake me up in the morning without pissing me off.
- When you talk on the phone I would think you only speak to the geriatric population, given your volume level and all, but I love you anyway.
- You are the best training roomate ever.
- You drink coffee in the morning and at night.
- You make me laugh so hard I almost pee my pants.
- I have yet to meet anyone else who still wears parachute undies (post jr. high that is).
- You do this wierd shuffle, dance step thing with your feet when you are nervous.
- I no longer have anyone to make me guacamole.
- Whose child will poop on my leg now?
- You are one of the very few people who I never run out of things to talk about with on consecutive sixteen hour car rides.
- I am stuck either staying home or going out with the young rock stars at work. I have no Zambon household to drink AND eat at (the young rock stars don't eat, they have to save their money for the drinking part and their appetite for their buzz).
- You sport the side pony with pride at public restaurants and wear a black unitard for good times.
- You sheltered me from discovering the maggots stuck to my kitchen floor when we were doing the new house overhaul: me: "Zambon what is on the floor?" Zambon: "Don't look Jenna, you don't want to know." me: "I do though, what is it?" Zambon: "Ummmm....those are maggots. But it's o.k. Jenna, I'll just shop vac them up. See? All gone."
- You taught me what a cleaning rag was and how to actually "scrub" a dirty house. (p.s. I save a shit ton on paper towels now)
- You keep track of my juvenile self ALWAYS. Now I am mess. What is a girl to do without her traveling care taker? I miss you Zambon. Muuahhhh!
No comments:
Post a Comment