




I had taken a vacation day for today and tomorrow in an effort to give myself some catch-up time amidst all of our company (I'll post pics of our weekend later). I was able to get a few things done but I made quite the mess in the process. I spent all of yesterday afternoon cleaning and picking up my house after the little ones were here. I spent all of today trashing it. Ah well. It's my creative mind I tell ya.
JG is sick so I am shacked up in the spare bedroom. He is such a trooper about it. He insists on working all day, even though he has a fever and is covered in sweat. Then he comes home and fights with me about how he needs to work in the garage, regardless of whether or not I feel he should rest. Then I have to force feed him dinner, medicine, and vitamins as he continues to tell me he is fine. Then he passes out on the couch after he eats. Kind of like a little kid who is just sure he doesn't need a nap. As his eyes are closing of course.
We did have an exciting evening. I lit a fire (a JG prepared fire, which is an important fact, as you'll soon understand) while JG was in the shower. Of course I walked away after, why would I stand there right? I thought it looked a little smoldering so I lit it again and left the room. When I returned, the entire living room was filling up with smoke. It was coming out of the air vents of the fire place and I couldn't stop it. JG had to get out of the shower and diffuse the situation. Me, I headed for the front porch with Gavin and started developing a strategy in my mind of what items I needed to take with me since I was sure we had a chimney fire. Ironically enough, the only things I could think of were my wedding album (which is odd considering I haven't ordered one wedding picture yet, 3 years post-wedding), cell phone, living room rug, and Gavin.
Although JG continued to state that I must have done something to the fireplace when I lit the fire, I am sure I did not. Even I know how to use a lighter and that was all I did. Turns out, JG blocked the chimney opening with a piece of wood by accident. Not my fault after all. It did, however, cause me to fear fire even more than I already do and to re-think my "what I would take with me if my house were on fire" list. I certainly would not have been prepared.
Well, that was my excitement for the night. Enjoy the pictures of the aftermath of the hurricane that is me when I am on a mission and the shots of my pooped out boys. Gavin is tired because he received a bath tonight. Being clean is exhausting...especially when you roll around on everything you can find for two hours after in an effort to rid yourself of cleanliness.
No comments:
Post a Comment