Saturday, June 23, 2012

Revolution

Elodie. June 2012.


Sometimes it is so much easier just to do an outline of my life so here we go again:
  • I passed my boards!!!! It feels so strange to not have something hanging over my head but by strange I mean incredible.
  • Ell is sick again, this time with a cold.  She is crazy = I am going crazier by the day.  She may be an only child forevs.
  • I'm pretty sure my ears are broken from the non-stop stream of screaming going on from princess little/loud lungs. My nerves are broken as well.
  • Now that my boards are finished I am re-grouping, trying to figure out what is next in line for goals and projects.
  • I had a foster mother tell me today that the more children you have the easier it is.  On that note, I would like to place an order for like 20. Or 30. And a cleaning crew.
  • JG and I are tightening up our plans for the rest of summer because our weekends are filling up fast.
  • I am keeping Starbucks in business because frappacino's are the ticket to leveling my sanity these days.
  • I have not washed my hair since...Tuesday. Maybe? I can't remember. It is probably matted in the back but I can't see behind me so out of sight, out of mind.
  • My child is finally sleeping tonight.  Last night at this time we were laying in bed watching t.v. and eating popcorn.  Completely inappropriate activity at 1:00 a.m. for a baby but really, she was quiet so it was enjoyable.  Until she dumped the entire container of shredded parmesan cheese in the bed. Regardless, I am so beyond parenting rules/opinions at this point.  I do what works any given day because realistically, every time I figure it out it changes anyway.
  • We went to Michael's tonight and bought a whole bunch of sweet decor. Plus some glow bracelets for Ell & I.  People must be able to see our arm parties in the dark you know. Since Ell steals all of mine in addition to hers (the kids I work with have made her TONS in her size), I would have to say that hers is more like an arm concert. Or an Italian wedding reception. Or march on Capital Hill. You get the point.
  • We had some college kids move in behind us and they are having a bonfire party tonight.  Tonight JG was that guy who walked into the garage in his undies specifically to check up on them.  As he was complaining, I wondered allowed if that is how our neighbors felt about our bonfire parties. And we both laughed; then we shut our mouths.  Because we haven't been in college in quite some time. At least these kids are young enough to have their early twenties as an excuse.
  • I filled up 4 bags of stuff for Goodwill the past few hours.  And I am not even close to finished.  JG had fair warning; I am done grieving my former pre-moving in with JG, minimalist life.  The revolution is on. 

1 comment:

  1. we will be coming home a week from tomm just for the weekend...when are you going to be there?

    ReplyDelete