| Elodie, zonked out after a morning on the beach at The Golden House. July 2012. |
Ell & I had an uneventful day yesterday. We both slept in late, which threw off her schedule. That resulted in no nap and a blow out your ear drums screaming series in Target that made shopping less than enjoyable. But an early bedtime was the payoff.
I was able to do some major de-cluttering around here. Not that anyone really cares but I always find it motivating to read what other people are working on so here you go: I cleaned out my home office, which included ridding myself of stacks of half-used notebooks, compiled all of my passwords and user names into one tiny journal, cleaned out my half of the closet (JG's would take an entire day and probably give him an ulcer), cleaned out a few bins in the basement to use in my closet for gift storage, de-cluttered under the kitchen sink, did laundry, organized the junk drawer, went through my nail polish and threw out old ones, cleaned out my warranty/manual binders, and worked on Ell's baby book. This must be how accomplished parents of sleeping children normally feel!
I've been trying to work towards making my life more manageable and find small ways to make my days run more smoothly. For me, the fist step is simplifying to the extent that I know where everything is. The older I get the more I find myself doing better when I have a routine; something that is harder to stick to in the summer because of the longer evenings, constant flow of visitors, and traveling. The final "get your shit together Jenna" straw was losing my new pair of shoes. You know your life is a little too hectic if you are completely missing your shoes. Either that or you were way too drunk the night before and walked home barefoot, which isn't the case for me.
So I had also spent a large amount of time organizing my office at work this week, trying to get myself together there as well. Still haven't found my damn shoes. I have an inkling of what may have happened to them but I cringe at the thought of my what my trash can happy child may have done. Ughhh. I am holding out hope.
Today I will be heading antique shopping with Angela. I haven't been to the local antique stores since Ell was around 6 months old so I am pretty excited. Antique shopping is my version of gambling so wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment