![]() |
| My little rock star. July 2012. |
I have been wanting and needing to slow down lately. In a desperate kind of way. For anyone who doesn't know me, I am not a busy body. I do not enjoy being busy. I find myself growing increasingly irritable as the summer progresses. Wanting life to wait for me.
During one of our lunch discussion, my friend Harv had recently brought up how it seems that the older you become, time goes by crazy fast. It's scary and sad all at the same time.
When I think of myself, my mind wanders to Ell. I don't want her to grow up speeding through life because of distractions and being in an over scheduled family. I don't want her to be uncomfortable with solitude or quiet. I also don't want her to value tangible belongings to the degree that the majority of society does.
Then I go back to thinking of where I fall on that scale. And although I wouldn't really consider myself materialistic, vain, or completely consumed by technology, I spend too much time on your standard time suckers on the computer (facebook and pinterest). We possess too much stuff. There is not much quiet in our household, at least not for long.
But there will be no computer for this weekend. They are both broken. Although I won't get any of my training done, I am looking forward to less temptation in the technological dream land and hoping that I am more productive.
As I continue on my quest to rid our household of "stuff" and better manage our time, I am realizing that I talk about it often on this blog but don't take many pictures of the perpetual process. So I vow to be better about sharing. Once my computers are working again. Until then, have a great weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment