Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Iced Coffee
I am still awake. The heat wave is causing me to indulge in iced coffee. Probably why I am still up. Either way, I am lacking on personal time to oh, I don't know, form a thought. So I have decided that each day I will either get up early or stay up late to have some time to allow my brain to heal from the previous day and to be more accomplished.
I met my little goal for week 1. I still have to take a handful of bags to Goodwill but that will be done tomorrow. I am not going to set a little goal this week because we have way too much going on for that. My friend Nick and his wife Emily are coming over to stay with us today and it is a very big deal. I only see them once every few years so I am excited (and of course have nothing planned for us to do). I have a super long work day on Wednesday and will be Wisconsin bound on Thursday after work.
The summer is flying by so darn fast. I always feel like we spend a good portion of our summers traveling on the weekends; I am promising myself that next year will be different. We were able to go out to our friends camp on Sunday and we had an absolute blast. It was the PERFECT summer day. I am pretty sure I just might remember it forever. Anyhow, it made me realize how much I miss just being.
I've been feeling more nostalgic than usual. Ellie is growing up so fast and I am really beginning to recognize how different life is now. Being a parent has caused me to become so much more aware of my weaknesses. I'm not sure why, given that they are not necessarily in the area of parenting. I think it is because parenting swallows all of the other areas hole. Leaving some pretty large gaps of insecurity in places of my life that I previously felt secure about. I know I have mentioned it before but it continues to be a struggle for me. The past year has brought about a multitude of changes and stresses. So I am trying to re-evaluate where I am versus where I want to be in the future. And most importantly how I am going to get there:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment