Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Sick Little Babe
Elodie is sick. I am not sure whether it was her 6 month shots she had yesterday or the tooth poking through her bottom gum, but she is not a happy girl. She was up and crying in the middle of the night last night and refused to drink as well. She has a low grade fever and I thought that maybe she would be feeling better this morning. So I took her to work with me so she could be in the AC and so I could make sure she was drinking. I was able to see one client (well, half a session until Ellie had to join us because of her fussiness). Things were looking up because she downed two bottles this morning, no problems at all. And then she threw up all over herself, me, and our waiting room. Not spit up, but real throw up. Much thanks to Harv who helped me clean it up.
So....I cancelled all of my clients this afternoon so I could stay home with Ellie. I am awaiting a call back from her nurse because I am worried about her getting dehydrated. It was really hot yesterday and is supposed to be tomorrow as well. Our home and her daycare do not have AC. Which is why I brought her to work with me yesterday and to my friends for the evening so that she could stay cool. She has now been sleeping for 3 entire hours. I'm glad she is resting but 45 minutes is typically her max so I have been obsessively checking on her. I'm a worrier like that.
I am going to do paperwork while she sleeps and cross my fingers that she feels better in time for us to go to SSM this weekend for Desi's reception. In the spirit of traveling to SSM, I posted some pics of Desi, Tara, and Liv during our last trip there. It was Elodie's first time meeting the gorgeous and equally spunky Liv:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the pictures :). I'm so excited for you guys to get here!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see you guys again! Hoping Ellie feels lots better soon :) Tara
ReplyDelete