Friday, September 23, 2011

Some Days


I have days at work that are really sad in a consuming kind of way.  Yesterday was one of those days.   Where I look at Ellie and cannot imagine how anyone could ever hurt a child.  It makes me sick and it overwhelms me.  And it breaks my heart. I have always been bothered by child abuse/neglect.  But since Ellie, it feels so incredibly personal.   It reminds me to hold her a little tighter and to be a little more thankful.  I will continue to hope that our society will soon figure out that being a parent is a privilege, not a right.   Because some days it is all just too much. 

2 comments:

  1. you have a beautiful heart Jen. I appreciate your reminder of what a blessing children are to this earth. what a neat gift to be a parent and yet some choose to completely miss what it's all about.
    -britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Britt. And I appreciate you:)

    ReplyDelete