Friday, September 16, 2011

Words






Ellie is 8 months old today.  Let me give you the most recent scenario.  3:00 a.m. last Sunday morning and I can hear on the monitor that Ellie is awake.  I try to give her a few minutes before I pick her up so I was waiting.  She started to whine.  That whine quickly turned into a scream of "mama, mama, mama, dada, dada, mama, baba, mama, baba" and that was how Ellie's first word/words went down.  Yes, mama was first.  Regardless of what everyone else told me to expect (i.e. that all babies say "dada first cause it is easier) Ell pulled through with "mama." It is her favorite and trust me when I say that I earned every letter of it. She also says "hi" and "yum yum."

Thank goodness it is Friday. I am sleep deprived (thank you Ell) and unmotivated. Prior to going to work today, Ell and I went and had my fingerprints taken electronically. Just in case I ever were to commit a crime while I was sleeping or something. Actually they were for my licensure but it was an interesting process. We then went fall/winter coat shopping for Ell because she can only wear hoodies when it is 40 degrees out for so long ya know, before people start to give me dirty looks when we are out in public. I am considering buying her a boys coat...is that strange? I am just tiring of pink. Happy Friday:)




No comments:

Post a Comment