Monday, May 14, 2012

Mixing














Ellie's Easter Egg Hunt. Cabin Gio. April 2012

Mother's day is also JG's birthday, so we share the favors.  We were off to a really good start; JG and Ell made me some really sweet gifts. Ell and I let JG sleep in while we baked him pumpkin brownies.  And then I got my fingers stuck in the hand mixer.  Probably the closest I have ever come to passing out.   At least in a few years.  

I haven't the slightest idea how I managed to do it but the blades were caught right above my knuckles and I could not get my fingers out.  JG to the rescue on that one, as I screamed at him to hurry and then to stop hurting me worse in the process.  Poor Ell watched in confusion, probably thinking I was screaming at her for the egg she had just tossed on the floor.  Note to self: use caution when baking.

Aside from that little drama, the day was very enjoyable.  We went shopping at Menards, which I have since discovered is like the man's version of Target.  But we FINALLY picked out new house numbers and also bought Ell a "ghetto" as JG refers to it, plastic pool.  When we brought it into the yard, sans water, you would have thought Ellie won a million dollars.  Ghetto fab:)

No comments:

Post a Comment