| One of Ell's "little messes." May 2012. So that I won't forget:) |
For the past year and a half, I have been accusing Ellie of being the cause of my memory loss. Mom brain, as I have been referring to it. However, then I was having lunch (o.k., dessert) with my supervisor for licensure last week and the subject of forgetfulness came up. She started talking about how she forgets all of the little things because of everything she has to keep track of during her work week as a counselor. Now, I am by no means trying to say I have ever had a memory like an elephant. But I think maybe it isn't entirely mom brain that has been plaguing me but counselor brain instead.
In all fairness, I keep track in my head of the problems and details in the lives of 30+ children. Their friends names, their grades, their ages, schools, family members names, their strengths and their weaknesses. I have to work REALLY hard at this, especially with the teenagers and pre-teens who are so quick to remind me that they "already told me last week" about their most recent crush or who knows what else. "Remember Jenna!?" Of course I do. It's my bills, who I had just spoken to on the phone, my logins and passwords, and as of yesterday, my name while leaving a message...that I forget.
haha, don't feel bad...I forgot my address the other day! I sat there looking dumb and never actually came up with it whoops :)
ReplyDelete