Friday, May 25, 2012

Trash to Treasure






Busting my garbage digger with starbucks leftovers.  May 2012.

Life has been moving along at Cabin Gio.  My friend Zambon stayed with us on Sunday night because she was here for a trial.  It was nice to catch up but it's always bittersweet because it reminds me how much better it would be if she still lived here. 

My parents were also up for a night because my mom had a meeting.  They spoiled the 3 of us and took Ellie shopping with them for the day. 

I am taking my boards in a few weeks so I have been trying to stuff studying in whenever I have spare moments.  They are few and far between because of Elodie's anti-sleep movement. So I also stuffed in a book that I am partially through called "Guide To Your Child's Sleep." Guide me, please.

We had a great weekend.  My friend Ang's little girl had a birthday party on Saturday so we attended that.  Ellie had a blast, being that she is the social rock star around here.  On Sunday we did outside work around the house and I finally completed a project that has been in my head since last year. Ell spent her time "swimming" a.k.a. climbing in and out of her pool with her sheep and dancing on the porch.  JG and I drank strawberry daiquiri's for no other reason except that they are cold w/alcohol and taste like summer to me.

My work schedule will be changing once school is out.  I am hoping to pack a couple of long days in and then be off for a couple here and there but it will just depend on scheduling. 

Ell's daycare provider might be moving to Detroit and I am heartbroken for Ell.  Plus, I have that therapist mentality where I start thinking about the maximum amount of caretakers a young child should have in order to develop healthy attachment.  And I panic. Then I reassure myself.  Then I panic again.

1 comment:

  1. i need to squeeze that hunny girl. xoxo auntie britt

    ReplyDelete