Saturday, May 21, 2011
Free Bird
We had to say "see you later" (my preference over goodbye) to our beloved Britt. She stayed with us over the past week and yesterday it was time for her to start her journey of freedom towards the western end of the U.S. I already miss her tons. Yes, Britt, we miss you and you best be back here soon to visit us.
I first met Britt when she was my intern a few years ago. She then joined the foster care realm and in the process became my close friend. I have learned so much from her, but the most valuable lesson she has taught me has been to recognize and embrace all of the loveliness that life has to offer. Britt is family to me and to my little babe. I'm pretty sure my husband would give her the shirt of his back in a snowstorm as well. She really is my soul sister. Although my memory generally fails me the majority of the time, I can recall many wonderful memories with her: going to Meister's and buying plants in the rain, walking out on our jobs together, drinking strawberry Margarita's on the deck in the summer, 4th of July's, birthday parties, fireworks at Lower Harbor, evening coffee, listening to music, Target trips, craft nights, wine, fishing on lake superior with our lovely beverages on a hot summer day, giving Ellie baths together, grilling out till the wee hours of the night, and most importantly, long conversations of life with a whole lot of dreaming involved. You're an incredible woman Britt. You go get your dreams my little free bird. Love you to the moon and back, Jens
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment