Saturday, May 28, 2011

Rain Rain





Ugghhhh.  This is not feeling like summer weather.  Ell, Amandi, & I tried to go rummaging this morning but it was not very successful.  I really am starting to believe that in order to be open to bringing more stuff into my home, I need to get rid of some of our belongings.  Lately, my home is as cluttered as my brain.

I am super annoyed with myself for not buying this old school wagon for Ellie that we saw while we were rummaging.  Oh well.  Hindsight is always 20/20. 

Todd was over with his boys today.  The pics above are of Ellie and Jack.  This is how it went:
Jack lays down next to Ellie.  Jack looks at Ellie and she looks at Jack. 
Jack: "why her looking at me?" (he sits back up and looks upset)
Me:  "cause she likes you Jack." (he lays back down)
Jack: "why her looking at me?" (he again sits back up and looks distressed)
Me: "cause she likes to look at you and wants to be your friend."
Jack: "her looking at me!" (still upset)
This interaction happened another, oh I don't know, five times.  God bless repetition.  This is how it ended: Jack whispered to Ellie, Ellie coos back.  Jack jumped up with a big smile "her talking to me! her talking to me!  Jack proceeds to pat her stomach.  "Can I see her belly now?"  Jack is into the curious phase of life right now:) "Why" is his favorite word.

We also bought some spray paint today and painted the antique frame I had bought during our trip to Norway (MI).  I am going to have a mirror cut to fit into it.  I think I might have discovered my newest healthy obsession...spray painting.  When I finish this post I will be taping up some cork boards. 

My home is my other new obsession.  When I actually can hold a thought long enough, I am analyzing everything I want to add, change, or take away.  At least it is not harmful.  I have noticed that I have become much more obsessive with age.  Now, I must go obsess about my home a bit more tonight. 

2 comments:

  1. I want to whisper in sweet El's ear. Love you Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you too Britt. And miss you!

    ReplyDelete