| Ellie has a little lamb (she loves) |
The daily scramble has again overcome me and I am playing catch up. So here is what has been happening at the Gio household: JG is all wrapped up in the basement renovations so Elodie and I have been bonding religiously the past week without much of a break. I had one little meltdown at JG last night, since I was supposed to be able to have a few hours to myself and he was not holding up on his end of the bargain. I was angry but I got over it. Primarily because Tracey dropped off dinner for us and made for an excellent distraction to allow for JG's escape.
Britt is staying with us for a bit before she makes the final move home. I L-O-V-E having her here. She fits in so well in our home. The weekend has been hectic but overall, a good time. Friday night was JG's birthday. He wanted to hang out with his friends and do his construction thing so I took Elodie took Tracey's for a while. On Saturday Elodie and I made the trip to Norway with some of my co-workers/friends to go rummaging (for the first time in my life). The rummaging was not very successful but we made a day of it, had lunch, and went to a really neat antique shop. It was a fun little adventure! I will post pics later of what I purchased.
Our house has been full of friends, little ones, dogs, and a heck of a lot of noise from the construction this weekend so Ellie and I have been up super late and are both wiped. Add to that the fact that it was the messiest I had probably ever seen our house as of yesterday evening and the phrase "on top of things" has pretty much fallen out of my vocabulary. And so it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment