Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday Monday

Gav & Maliyah: May of 2010

Mondays are the devil.  So I try to counteract their evil by looking at happy things (see photo of Gavin and my niece above).  It is by far the most unproductive day of the week for me.  I typically sit at my desk staring at sticky notes, my blinking answering machine light, and tap Fred's tank to make sure he is alive.   I'm finding that the closer it gets to the arrival of the baby, the more difficulty I have focusing on my work. I suppose that is to be expected though. 

The agenda is pretty full for tonight.  JG and I are going to pick up the rocking chair we ordered and buy the camera my parents had given to me (in monetary form) as a graduation present. We also have to stock up on groceries, considering our fridge is empty with the exception of condiments and beer. I am really excited to buy the camera so I am not sure why it has taken me over six months to do so.  

I have this thing lately where I don't want to allow myself to bring more purchases into my home.  I'm pretty sure it relates to something I read somewhere and for whatever reason, it stuck.  It talked about how in order to take care of your belongings, everything must have a place and should be valued.  If you are not caring for your belongings in such a way, then you aren't valuing them, and should not be accumulating more until you do.  This is not currently the case for me.  Especially with the recent influx of baby gear everywhere.  Therefore, I have tried to only bring a minimal amount of "stuff" into my home, telling myself that I can obtain the items I really want once I have my entire home decluttured. 

I'm odd.  This much I already know.   I am always trying to strive towards something in every area of my life.  Even if my thought process behind it all is pretty ridiculous (which it typically is).  But I am caving in on the camera because I want to have it for the baby's arrival.   Whether my house is orderly or not (which it is certainly not).  

I am still drafting my Resolution List for 2011.   It is a work in progress. My hope is that if I put enough thought and preparation into forming my resolutions for the next year, I will accomplish them.   So I am trying to prioritize the items that are most important to me and go from there.  I will post my list when it is finished (insert suspenseful music here).  

No comments:

Post a Comment