Today was not an eventful day. Normally I would prefer my days to be uneventful, however, given that my work set-up is financially different this is not good. I spent much of my day wishing my clients would show up for their appointments. Especially because I don't get paid if they cancel. Rather, I end up answering my phone to take their cancellations and spending an hour listening/giving advice for free. Probably need to stop doing that. So far this week I have worked 16 hours and made zero dollars. Awesome.
I could have totally been home crafting or doing something fun. Ah well, this will be another learning experience I suppose. I remain hopeful that the rest of the week will be better. I did receive some new children books as a work donation so that was exciting. I secretly LOVE children's books. The reason being two-fold: because I adore the illustrations and I use them as catalysts to teach/relate to the children's lives.
I am not the least bit tired tonight. So instead of fighting it, I am doing laundry, cooking, and finishing up some tasks on my "to-do" list. JG is sleeping on the couch by accident again. I was hoping he would put up the new shelving we bought for the baby's room but no such luck. I fiddled with my new camera a bit last night. There was a brief moment where I became overwhelmed reading the instruction manual and my face became all hot and bothered but I got over it. I can't figure out how to use the continuous feature but I am fascinated by how spectacular the pictures look regardless. JG on the other hand experienced the same hot and bothered moment (moments actually) when we were purchasing the camera. His face was all red. Spending money has that effect on him. He also got over it.
Still undecided as far as the whole resolution thing goes. I'm not sure if it is because I am incapable of focusing on anything right now or if it stems from my commitment issues. Either way, no progress there. I can't decide whether or not I want to zero in on a few goals or make a big list. If you can't tell, I am kind of a list girl. I know what my clinical supervisor would say about this. He would say: "Jenna, you are therapist. You need to know how to do this stuff." PSHHHHHHHHH. I am much better at prioritizing in other people's lives. Clearly.

No comments:
Post a Comment