


This weekend did not go as planned but worked out alright. Friday was rough for me, being that I had an overwhelming doctor appointment that caused me to cry. I bucked up and went out for happy hour, which was enjoyable, but only distracting for so long. TC and Ri Ri picked me up from the bar. Ri Ri learned a new phrase that went like this: "nice girls don't drink beer."
Saturday JG and I ran errands, shopped at Target, putzed around the house, ate taco bell (because part of my crap news was that I have to change my diet) (starting Monday of course), and watched back-to-back episodes of Mad Men for hours until I was finally delirious enough to fall asleep.
Today TC and Ri Ri stopped by to drop off a picture frame for me and ended up staying for a few hours. Ri Ri climbed on the wood pile, collected acorns, fed the neighbors goat, dumped out Gavins toys, and ate a bowl of ice cream. Then Trin stopped by with her little one and chatted for a bit. JG was over at her house putting up a fence with her husband.
I ran to Younkers to purchase some makeup; unfortunately, I bought red lipstick that makes me look like a two dollar hooker. Only it cost me closer to twenty dollars. I then went to Trin's house for dinner. We had lasagna, garlic bread, and blueberry pie. She is a fabulous cook and pretty cute too (see photos above). The boys worked on the fence all afternoon and then moved on to watching Sunday night football.
I came home, did a few loads of laundry, called my parents, and cleaned the bathrooms. Now I am winding down, baking brownies (that I can no longer eat after tonight) and watching Mad Men with JG. Still trying to pretend I don't have to work tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment