Sunday, September 5, 2010

Mission Declutter


I did not accomplish much yesterday. I spent the evening shopping with Ri Ri and TC at Target, where Ri and I shared a pretzel and I bought him the movie Toy Story since he behaved so well. I had also purchased the first season of Mad Men so JG and I stayed up until three a.m. watching the first four episodes. I loved it, JG hated it. He was a good sport about it anyway though.


I find it so interesting to see the way people lived back in the 1950's. Mad Men represents class, modesty, and sexuality in a less in your face kind of way. I am so thankful that style appears to be heading back towards the wardrobes of the 50's and feel all the more inspired to shop for new clothing now.


Today JG and I ventured to Lowes in an effort to obtain new lighting for our garage and the exterior of our home. No luck. I wanted nickel fixtures but am now required to move the search online. Ah well. Today was a lazy kind of day. I took a nap, went in to work to feed the fish, and started the seasonal purging of stuff. So far I made it through one junk drawer, picked up acorns in the back yard, and washed my washer (an ironic concept right?).


Well, I had better get back to organizing. I am not going to allow myself to put up my fall decorations until I have managed to clean and declutter this house from top to bottom. Off to the races I go... I'll leave you with a picture of my "to donate pile" mess in my home office. Yikes.



No comments:

Post a Comment