Friday, September 3, 2010

So long to August...





Today is a blustery day. Fall is setting in and the rain/wind storm rolling through has left me quite chilly. I love fall. I actually enjoy all of the different seasons, but especially while they are changing. I have not made much of an agenda for tonight...I'm thinking hot bath, online shopping, and reading magazines. No commitments though. JG went to his friends for the night so it is going to be a "me" night.

I stopped at Starbucks on my way home to pick up a Caramel Macchiato. I know they are expensive but after the past week of work, I feel deserving of pretty much anything that soothes me. That is right. I am a bit entitled. Hard working, but entitled.

So far I have started the laundry, picked up the house (just a bit), and am cuddled up in bed. JG left me with specific instructions that I am not to turn on the heat:) It's definitely time to look at sprucing up my fall wardrobe so that is one of my goals for the weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

My second goal for this long Labor Day weekend is to get myself organized. I forgot my dad's birthday yesterday for the first time ever (I had forgotten my mom's birthday once before as well and am still paying for it) and feel pretty badly about it. He couldn't have been nicer about it but still...I am so scatter brained lately I spent at least five minutes this morning trying to remember what day it was and if I washed my hair yesterday or not (I did). So the text message I received from my little brother COD went something like this..."Way to forget Dad's birthday. Ahahaha such a loser. Defrost those ice veins!"

COD doesn't ever miss a beat, especially when it involves an opportunity to get a few digs in on me. Fortunately, I am equally as quick on the uptake. This is for you COD, captain of the ship, Frank of all fisherman, "this boat doesn't go to shore for anything." I've yet to poo in a coffee can. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment