Monday, August 1, 2011

Little Goals: Week 2






So things are way off base around here.  It's been grand central station at Cabin Gio which is not out of the ordinary.  This past week was just busy with friends, plans, and readjusting to our routine after Ellie had been sick for the week prior.  She has officially cut her first tooth and the second one is popping through today. So of course she is a drooling crabby little mess but cute as a button, just the same.
 
First and foremost.  We missed Desi's wedding because of Ellie's puke-a-thon.  We are completely bummed and had to settle for looking at pics of Desi in her wedding dress.  She was classy and beautiful of course! If you know Desi, she would look gorgeous in a paper bag.  So I was not surprised to see her radiant pics on facebook. But...she did pay us a surprise visit when she was in town a few days ago and completely made my day.  I should have waited to read Elodie's card from her and Dani until after work because it made me cry. Thank you and I love you both:)

Next up on the agenda, I have to set a little goal for the week.  This would be week 2, in case you all have forgotten.  My little goal for this week is to finish the massive amount of thank you cards that I have to write. 

Amidst the chaos of our life, I have been making little changes.  I have completely stopped drinking pop.  It sounds minor but if you knew how much pop I was consuming each day your teeth would probably fall out of your mouth just from thinking about it.  I have returned to taking my vitamins each day.  I am drinking a lot of water when I used to drink zero.  I stopped wasting time longing for a home office that is at least a year away and set up a space for myself to work in the spare bedroom.   I am staying up later at night so that I can have time to myself as well as to complete the tasks I normally would be unable to.  So I am trying to ride the momentum (however slow it might be) and continue on the path of positive changes.  In the spirit of this, I have decided to make this week a theme week for inspiration.  I normally hate anything having to do with a theme but I am going to give this a go. I guess we shall see where it takes me.

The pics above are Ellie eating in her Bumbo.  They seemed fitting for a post about "cleaning up" and making changes.  What? Your child doesn't refuse to wear a bib, cover themselves in their food, and then proceed to eat whatever mess they have leftover on their chair or body? Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment