Saturday, August 6, 2011

Time Battle

Source
I am horrible about time.  I waste it.  I lose it.  I race against it.  I am forever in a fight with it.  To manage it better and to gain it.  It is pretty stupid when I actually stop to consider the amount of energy I waste obsessing over time.  Plus I am the worst procrastinator ever so that is not helpful. 

I spend far too many minutes of the day trying to figure out how my time should be spent.  For example, should I do laundry or should I vacuum? Go for a walk with Ellie or wash her bottles? run errands or space out on my laptop? and it goes on and on.  Typically I pick laundry, washing bottles, and walking around in circles trying to decide what I should do next.  Part of the problem is that Ellie takes really short naps.  Therefore, I have only a tiny slot to fit tasks into.  Weekdays are especially bad.  Which means much of my weekend is spent catching up on house work.  Not fun. 

Here is what I have found: I have to schedule my stuff into VERY specific time slots.  Kind of hard for me because of the whole "feeling type" thing.  But anyhow, I have to approach the rest of my life just like I do when scheduling my clients.  Everything that absolutely needs to be done has to have a slot.  I am just starting this so I am not sure how well it will work in the long run, but if it frees up my weekends then it is worth a try. I also have to look way ahead to plan (which I hate doing).  When I am feeling especially rebellious of committing to slots, I just assign days.  This allows me a little more freedom and leaves me more at ease.  The quote above is one that I have started repeating to myself in hopes that it will help me view time in a more optimistic/productive way.  Time after time.  I just like that song so I had to throw that in:)

No comments:

Post a Comment