| Elodie at Lower Harbor Park (7 months) |
Dear Elodie,
You are 7 months old now. Holy geeze. I was so busy being your mom that I missed documenting a few of your months here. My bad. Anyhow, you are a little chunk. Thank goodness. You have chipmunk cheeks that are an old lady's pinching dream. Your dark hair is fading and is growing back blonde. Your eyes have quite a bit of green in them now when they used to be the darkest brown.
You really like your daddy and vye for his attention any time he walks by you and fails to say hello. He does this ridiculous fist pump thing from Jersey Shores that you find hilarious....and I find irritating but it's between the two of you so as long as you find ways to connect, I am fine with that.
You love daycare. At least I am assuming so since you are completely enamoured by other children. And CANNOT keep your hands to yourself EVER when meeting them. We will have to teach you the bubble drill when you are a bit older, otherwise you may scare away any potential friends.
You love Gavin. He has been here all along but one day I was holding you and I would have thought he fell from the sky or something. You looked at him, smiled, and wiggled like a worm and have been trying to catch him/pull out his fur ever since. Poor Gav. Being the big brother is no fun. You also really like his toys, which is problematic and unsanitary. Good thing I am not a germ phobe.
You have discovered your feet. Then spent the next week trying to use them as hands. You kept trying to pick up toys off the floor with them, and grab my arm with them. You have now returned to using your hands and just holding your feet every now and then when you are getting your diaper changed. Which is more like a wrestling match. You squirm like crazy and it takes forever to change you. Plus you get poo everywhere. Your daddy and I have been firmly telling you "no" and trying to keep you in one place, which you clearly think is a joke because you laugh incessantly when we do it.
You are completely obsessed with your Mr. Sheep. You use him as an eye mask while you are sleeping, a hat, an item to chuck across your crib when you don't want to nap, a friend to hug in the car or while you are asleep, and a baton while you are trying to get to sleep. We should rename him Mr. Multipurpose. Or Joe Dirt because I probably wash him about once a month so that the two of you will not have to be separated. Your daddy already called me once at work in a panic because I had your beloved snuggle buddy in my vehicle. He is a big deal for such a tiny little blankie with a sheep head on it.
You love watching Bubble Guppies while you play in the morning (and I do the pre-work sprint to get ready). Even more than Max and Ruby. I go to work, listen to people's problems, and the Bubble Guppies theme song that is stuck in my head for the remainder of most days.
You are eating solids now. You do not like squash. Not even a little. Your favorites are sweet potatoes, apples, and cereal. You are the messiest eater in the history of messy eaters. Ask your dad. It makes his tummy churn. Especially before we bought a high chair and I made him hold you in his lap while I fed you. Mega mess.
You love taking baths. You mostly just try to eat all of your bath toys, the washcloths, rinse cup, towel, you get the picture. Pretty much any bath related item you come into contact with. You also kick your feet really fast, which you find hilarious, and I find leaves me completely soaked. But it is still cute.
You were really quiet for a couple months and we were really worried about you. The day I told the developmental specialist that was here to see you about it you began making noises a lot more. Now you are the cooing princess. I'm really o.k. with you making a liar out of me if it means you are alright.
You like playing with my hair. Which would be fine if it wasn't like velcro and you were gentler. You also like playing with a kitchen spoon. You are hilarious with it. Hitting stuff, slamming it into the ground, twirling it in your hands, and touching your face with it. By far, your favorite toy. Go figure. A plastic kitchen spoon.
You crawl and are into everything. Especially shoes. You also have this little frog hop thing you do that is hilarious. You are pulling yourself up onto large objects. Babies are your fav. I left the diapers and wipes on the living room floor the other day, both of which have babies on them, and walked by to see you trying to grab the babies.
You love being outside way more than inside. You also like watching cars drive by, trying to eat leaves/grass, and watching people on bikes. Oh, and riding in the laundry basket.
I love watching you grow and I try my hardest to hold on to as many moments as I can. I do not want to forget any of this. Your laugh is by far the sweetest thing I have ever heard in my life. It makes me laugh out loud. For real. And I am not a laugh out loud kinda gal:) I am thankful for you every.single.day. Love you my Ell.
Oh my gosh! She's getting so big! I miss you guys, hope to see you soon :) Love, Tara
ReplyDeleteJenna, first of Too much fun. xoxo, -auntie britt
ReplyDeletewoops that didn't work!!
ReplyDeleteI said cute dress :)
I love reading the letters to El and am excited for when she reads them too.
love love and love , auntie britt