Day 3 post cuts in my guts and I am making progress. I was able to get out of bed by myself. I walked around holding Ellie for a tiny bit. I took a shower. I even took a few of my band-aids off. Granted, I made JG's mom look first and put the new ones on, but still. I think I may have overdone it though because now I am a hurting unit.
I spent some of the day today in bed, napping on and off, and reading. I am trying to just be thankful that I have this time to be still but I'm starting to get ants in my pants. When I hear Ellie fussing my anxiety goes through the roof and I immediately blame myself for being absent from her typical daily care. She is really fussy tonight and I can't take it. I have to get out of bed. Oh the mind games of motherhood.
So I just got out of bed because I could not listen to my baby squirm any longer. I sat and held her. She was happy. Then she projectile vomited all.stinking.over.my.pants. Whats the big deal you ask? Well, changing my pants is a big deal. First of all because I have a select few that do not lie directly on my incision sites. Second of all because it is really hard work to do by myself.
The pics above are from a few weeks ago on craft night. Ellie was with Harv and chewing on some blue felt. Good stuff. That blue felt. Hope everyone had a decent Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment