Friday, June 24, 2011

Flannel Weather

I tried to keep Ellie home with me today.  I thought I could take care of her all by myself cause I was feeling better.  I thought wrong.  It was a very long 4 hours before JG came home and brought her to daycare.  Actually, the last hour was the really bad one.  I felt like someone was twisting my insides. And now I feel a little defeated.  Plus I hate it when JG gets to tell me that he told me so.

I have two days before I am supposed to go back to work so I need to be in tip top shape soon.  I think JG might have a heart attack if I have to take more time off.  But I still might.  I am going to try really hard to stay in bed for the afternoon and not think about the general upheaval that is currently my home. 

In other news, I am wondering who or what has hijacked our summer? I am seriously freezing in here. Yep, I am wearing my fleece jacket and flannel p.j.'s today.  Plus, Ellie has not been able to wear a single one of her beautiful dresses that my super awesome friends have bought her.  I hope she will be flaunting them soon. 

My Aunt and mom were here yesterday.  My mom had a work meeting so I was able to hang out with my Aunt for part of the day.  She took care of Ellie while we visited and it was nice to catch up with her (thank you Aunt Bonnie).  Apparently she is going to teach me to use my sewing machine, but we never got around to it yesterday.  

I am pretty sure JG is already sick of me bossing him around and standing over his shoulder while he cares for Ellie.  He made mention a few times of taking her places this weekend (a.k.a places where I am not).  I am trying not to be annoying.  It's just that my way is the right way ya know?  And yes, I am aware that in the pic above my child is covered in drool...and yes I am quite o.k. with that.  It's better than spit up.  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment