Saturday, April 9, 2011

An Off Week

Ellie with Amandi at work, wearing the super cute headband Desi made for her

Ellie sleeping on my office floor

I am so stinking glad it is the weekend.   This was an off week and I stumbled through it without a single bit of grace.  Do you ever have weeks like that?  Where things are just not going right and it becomes really hard to stay positive?  Yup, that was this week and I am determined to enjoy the heck out of this weekend. 

In other exciting news, Ellie is doing well in daycare and each week I put her in for a little bit longer.  This makes my work load more manageable but I must admit, I feel super guilty.  I know that it is just the way of the world though.  Plus it is becoming really hard to bring her to work with me since she only takes 15-20 minute naps now.  I did not get anything done this week with the exception of a few nights ago when Britt & Amandi were over hanging out with Ellie.  But I am telling myself that this weekend will be different.  I will be productive.  I just finished writing out a new to do list.  A practice that always helps me to feel more focused. 

JG had Ellie last night and I went to Amandi's for dinner and crafting.   I am working on thankyou's this morning and cleaning our kitchen.  I have to work on Sunday but aside from that I do not have plans.  JG is going to his friend's house this afternoon for a while so I do not foresee getting much done tonight.  Oh well.  Ellie and I will just lounge around, read books, and watch t.v.  I have never watched so much t.v. in my life as I do now that we have Ellie.  I look forward to the days when we can play instead but at this point in time, all she wants is to be held. 

Sorry for the lag in posting.  As I mentioned before, it has been an off week.  I really hope that next week is better.   In the meantime, I am going to do a teeny bit of online shopping with my birthday money to lift my spirits. 

2 comments:

  1. I love Ellie's headband! It looks so cute on her. I will be in mqt on the 16th...well Tara and I will be there, so we definitley want to come see you guys :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. I just posted on your blog asking if you were still coming, prior to reading this comment. Thank you and I love all of the headbands you made for her, she looks so girly in them. Good I am glad you are still coming, I am super excited for you to meet Ellie and of course to see you myself. One more week till you are here!

    ReplyDelete