Friday, April 1, 2011

The Sweetest Things

Ellie's gifts from the Kniskern fam
You know how sometimes you receive a gift that just melts your heart into pieces because it is just that perfect? Kniskern's mom dropped off the sweetest package of baby gifts ever yesterday.   She gave Ellie books that were her families favorites, a pair of smart wool socks, made her a knit hat, and wrote the most thoughtful card explaining each item she choose.  Such a creative and beautiful idea that I had to share it with you. 

On another note, Ellie and I fell asleep at 9 p.m. last night.  It felt great to catch up on some sleep.  I remain thrilled that it is the weekend.  Aside from the few errands I had mentioned before, we will probably be sticking close to home.  We may venture into work later to do a some paperwork but it will depend on Ellie's mood.  Amandi was over watching Ellie for a few hours last night and was talking about how fun it will be to have Ellie out in the yard while we plant flowers this summer.  Nevermind the fact that a skunk ate every single one of the tulips we planted last year.  Oh well, hopefully that skunk has moved on now.  Well, I better get into the shower before JG wakes up and hands Ellie back over. Have a fabulous Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment