Friday, April 15, 2011

Relief

I left the room only to return and find Ellie wearing this onesie over her clothing

Apparently Auntie Amandi & Auntie Britt felt like making a statement


Britt going through Ellie's 6 month clothes

Britt, Amandi, & Ellie

Amandi & Britt experience bathtime with Ellie.  No, it is not a good time.

Britt gives Ellie a kiss mid-scream.  It did not quiet her but made for a cute pic

I have obviously not been keeping up on my blogging.  Or housework, returning phone calls, studying for my boards, or anything really involving daily maintenance. I have been working more but not necessarily making more money since my clients seem to not be showing up much for their scheduled appointments.  I'm hanging in there.    But I am so ready for this week to be done with. 

I'm back to taking one day at a time and only doing what I feel I can from the morning until night.  Acceptance of that lifestyle is easier said than done, as I often end up feeling badly about what little I get accomplished lately.  Me and this thing called control...it's a lifetime battle.  I typically only focus on whatever is actually in my control, but regardless, I am soooo not winning.  

I am super thankful for Amandi & Britt, who have both helped out with Ellie the last few weeks.  Whether it is so I can get stuff done around the house or work, they have been wonderful about giving some of their time to me.  Britt is moving away in a few weeks and I am sooooooooooo sad.  I keep hoping she will change her mind but I do not think it's going to happen. 

In other news, the 21 day period after consent is up for the adoption and we are sooooo relieved.  To clarify, that span of time is when the birth parents can appeal the Judge's termination of their parental rights and have their rights reinstated if the Judge agrees.  So in shorter terms, they can change their mind about having given their child up.   I received a pretty disturbing phone call from Ellie's birth mom just a few days shy of the 21 days so I have been stressed to the max with fear over losing Ellie. 

Ellie had multiple appointments yesterday and they went well.  JG and I have been concerned about her being delayed in a few areas of development but the home health nurse and developmental specialist feel she is continuing to improve and keep reminding us that she missed out on normal experiences while she was not feeling well after birth so she is going to be a little behind but should catch up.   It is hard not to worry so it is nice to be reassured sometimes.

JG is home from work today because he has to go in tomorrow.  I invited a friend over for lunch to meet Ellie and will then head into work for a few hours to do some scheduling for next week.   I love when JG and I are home together for most of the day with Ellie; everything seems to be so much easier.  We do not have many plans for the weekend.  Desi & Tara are supposed to come on Saturday and visit us while they are in MQT so I am excited about that.   But otherwise, we are probably going just spend some time together as a family, run errands, and do stuff around the house.  It is a happy Friday and I am a happy girl that the week is over!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for new posts! The first picture is TOO CUTE- Ell-bell is just a little heart breaker!

    Also, yay for being out of the 21 day stretch!

    ReplyDelete