Saturday, December 31, 2011

Farewell 2011

Mattson Lower Harbor Park.  August 2011.

2011 has been a year of growth and struggle for our little family. Specifically, I, have never met a year with so many tears, so much anger/sadness, and fear.  Never have I had to fight so hard with myself to be accepting and simply have faith in whatever was to come. We became parents in an anything but smooth manner, I pretty much thought I was losing my mind the first six months of Ellie's life, the loss of Shannon settled in with a horrible finality, I had been barely skidding by at work, had close friends move away, and with work and Ellie we have taken a huge financial blow. 

2011 has also brought good into our family as well; our lives are richer with Ellie in them, that one is obvious.  Our marriage had been trying but we are now closer than we have ever been.  We have learned to go without wants. My brother is doing better. Ellie is healthy and on track developmentally.  The vision of the life we want to build is much clearer.  We have made new friendships.  We have also been humbled by the strength and support given to us by our families and the long standing friendships we already had. 

Regardless of recognizing the positive, I would be a big liar if I said I was sad to see 2011 go.  I am happy to never have to even write the year 2011 again.  I am hopeful that the upcoming year will consist more of things coming together rather than falling apart.  So may 2012 find all of us healthy, hopeful, and with lighter hearts.

Happy New Year - Jenna, JG, Elodie, & our "doggy" Gavin

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year Jenna! I love you guys and hope for only the best for you in 2012 :) I'm so glad I got to see you guys over Christmas! It made my holiday so much better to be able to see you and Ellie. Love you, Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you Tara and we are so glad we were able to see you as well. I am happy that we added some cheer to your holiday:) Love you too! Jenna

    ReplyDelete