Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Lucky Me

Ellie dreaming that maybe.just.maybe. her mom will finish her nursery sometime this year

Today was a running around kind of day.  The paperwork for the adoption requires a lot of picking up and dropping off of documents, meeting with people, and hauling Ellie around town.  She was not very cooperative so we got off to a very late start which left me minus a shower let alone running a comb through my hair.  Ah well.   We made it and we are home now. 

I sent JG to purchase valentines gifts for our God children and to hang out with his friends.  He is having a difficult time with the "no visitors" rule and was nit picking at me, which tells me that he needs to get out for a while.  It was supposed to be my night out of the house but it is clear he would benefit from it more. 

Ellie has been sleeping for longer periods of time now, if I sleep with her. This is one of those things I said I would never do but I have caved.  I have to admit, I love it.  She nestles into my arms and just looks so sweet.  We are no longer swaddling her because she seems to need her limbs to help her work through her indigestion.  I have been letting her sleep in a onesie and fuzzy blanket.  She loves to hold my fingers or my clothing and I wake up constantly to her burrowing herself into whatever new nook she finds between my arms and the couch.  She is so stinking sweet and I am so darn lucky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment