![]() |
| Ellie on her first day of life |
My dear Ellie,
You are one month old now. The home nurse weighed you on Monday and you are now an incredible 10.2 lbs. You have big chubby cheeks that jiggle when we bounce you. I still stare at you at a lot and marvel over how beautiful you are. You make many different noises now; most sound like a gerbil. You squeel, grunt, and click your tongue in your mouth. You can eat 3.5 ounces in your bottle. You do not like your daddy much but that will change; he is way more fun than me! Your face turns bright red when you are angry and when you are trying to poo. Pooing is a really big ordeal for you! You work so hard at it and get so upset when your little digestive system fails you, lol.
You are loved by so many people and even though you have yet to realize it, you are very blessed. Our friends and family spoil you to pieces. They are so darn excited to love on you. I am pretty sure it will take me the next two months to write the near 100 thank you's for the gifts people have given you and the wonderful ways that they have helped your mommy and daddy during the first month of your life.
Life started out a little rocky for you due to reasons beyond your control. It was more than unfortunate, however, you have fought your way through and have solidified for me that you are a tough (and sassy!) little babe. Thank you for bringing endless joy into our lives, teaching us what is really important, and reminding us that with love comes resilience and hope. I heart you in ways that I cannot even begin to describe. Happy one month Elodie!

Awwww, I LOVE THIS! And I am sure she will too. What's funny about it is I bought her another onsie yesterday at Baby Gap- I CANNOT HELP IT! It took me 3 minutes to decide between a chick or a bunny. I seriously have to refrain from purchasing everything in the store. . .
ReplyDeleteI love you Dee and Jenna!
Happy one month birthday Ellie!
ReplyDeleteThank you Desi and Abby, Ellie says thank you too and sends lots of love and kisses to you both (ummm...and drool; we have got to teach her how to kiss with her mouth closed).
ReplyDelete