Although Valentine's Day has since passed, I had stated before that I would post the heart garland that I made for Ellie's nursery. So, I finally got around to taking pics of it yesterday morning. I honestly do not think it needs DIY instructions if you want to make it yourself because it is just that easy. Scapbook paper, a hole punch, a glue stick, and ribbon.
Prior to Ellie, I had visions of buying our children cute gifts for the different holidays. This holiday, we are on a budget and Ellie does not know anything about V-Day so I took advantage and made her something instead. I am pretty excited for the day when she is aware enough to celebrate with us though.
As far as what is on the agenda for this weekend...I am going to have to think about it but I will say we are off to a good start. JG stayed up with Ellie for the second time ever last night and I was able to sleep for 8 whole hours! He earned some major points with me, especially because I was frustrated and exhausted yesterday. We had a home visit from the court worker yesterday, followed by the open house for my work. Which meant that I had to try to shower/get myself ready, bathe Ellie/get her ready, and clean my house all in the same day by certain times. It may not sound difficult for most but trust me, for me, it requires some major planning. I do not quite have the hang of the whole balancing my days effectively with a new baby thing, but I still am putting forth an effort to figure it out. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
I love the garland! Also, eventually you'll get the hang of it! I still get overwhelmed at times when I need to be ready and out the door by a certain time.
ReplyDeleteThank you Desi:) I hope I hurry up and get the hang of it soon, considering I go back to work in a week! I am trying really hard not to think about the whole work thing but I can't help but wish I had another month or two to figure out a routine for us.
ReplyDelete