Monday, February 14, 2011

Leaps of Faith

Ellie arms up in slumber

So I did not accomplish much this weekend.  My parents ended up coming to the MQT for a night so that I could get some sleep.  Here is what I did do: laundry, wrote thankyou's, paperwork for the adoption, returned a few phone calls, and slept for 11 hours.  The sleeping part was heavenly (minus the fact that I woke up in a panic thinking something had happened to Ellie because I had forgotten my parents were staying up with her).  As far as my to-do list, it kind of went out the window and sleep became my number one priority.  I was in a bit a of a coma on Saturday so I figured I needed it.

I have to wake JG up soon, which he is not going to be happy about, because Ellie has an appointment today and I do not want to assume she will sleep long enough for me to take a shower.  If there is anything I have learned from having a baby it is never to assume anything except that they are unpredictable. I have been really bad about taking pictures the last week or so; I just forget.  I vow to be better at that this week. 

We have the one year anniversary for work coming up this Friday as an open house, so Ellie and I will probably attend.  I should also go in and clean up my office a bit before so that someone else does not get stuck doing it.  It is amazing how much life has changed in a year.  It has gone by so fast and if there is any pattern to be had, it is that I continue to take risks in life. Last year at this time it was walking out on my job and JG and I simultaneously purchasing a new home. This year, it is Ellie and starting a "new" job without having the peace of mind of a steady pay check.  Or currently, any pay check at all.

It is surprising that poor JG doesn't have ulcers for the amount of stress my risk taking causes him.  He likes to say I am impulsive but I do not think that is a very good description considering everything I do is well thought out.  His face gets all red, he sweats, and gives me a million reasons why I should not make the decisions I do.  He tells me how I am going to ruin our lives, lose our home, and cause us both to regret.  Then time passes, he ponders it, and reluctantly supports me 100% (even though he is a nervous wreck while doing so, ha ha).

With another year on the horizen and more risks taken, I cannot help but love what I have and look forward to what is to come.  Whether it be in the form of risks or not. In my opinion, JG and I are building a beautiful life together.  Even if it is not always exactly as perfect as I pictured, it is pretty darn close, I just have to blurr my eyes a teeny bit. So I continue to trust that everything will be fine and work out in the end.  JG continues to stress about the little things.  And my beautiful Ellie continues to remind us that chances are so worth taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment