Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Busy Times


Uncle Kniskern and Ellie snuggling

For whatever reason, life has been hectic this week.  I've felt crabby and more tired than usual.  But today is a new day so I am making a conscious effort to make it a good one.  The whole daycare thing has been hard.  I have had concerns with Ellie going to daycare, mainly with her being too needy amongst 5-6 other children, so I am taking her to work with me today.  It gives me peace of mind but makes my day a lot more chaotic than normal. 

We had a busy weekend with not much down time.  It was Amandi's golden birthday on Saturday and is Britt's b-day Monday, so JG stayed home with Ellie while I went out for dinner and celebration with friends.  It was a blast and I am going to be so sad when Britt moves away. 

We spent Saturday morning lounging around in our p.j.'s and discussing a plan for renovations on our house.  We hired someone to start refinishing the basement and are going to re-do the spare bedroom as well.  Hopefully sooner than later the spare bedroom will be my home office/craft room.  The basement will eventually consist of a family room, storage room, and full bath.  I am excited about the spare bedroom makeover; JG is excited about the basement.  

I've been browsing online stores and blogs on the internet for inspiration.  Mostly for the upstairs though because the basement will not be finished enough to decorate for a quite a while.  Who am I kidding, I barely have time to do laundry.  Maybe by the time Ellie is 3 our home will be finished.  Ahh well.  It is another project to be hopeful about.  

2 comments:

  1. Now that is one happy baby. I should probably start thinking about having a few of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. My advice is to wait until you are rich enough to pay someone to clean your house and run errands.

    ReplyDelete