Saturday, March 19, 2011

An End In Sight



Ellie having had enough of her bouncy.  Disclaimer: remember JG dressed her this day, not me.

I was thankful this morning that today was a brand new.  Yesterday was filled with good and bad.  Ellie had 2 appointments with service providers in our home.  I LOVE when they visit us because they really are an awesome group of women who have been a ginormous support to our family.  I swear one of them is a Baby Whisperer. I wish I could move her in.

We also received a call from the Court that they were ready to proceed with consent.  This means that next Thursday, Ellie's birth parents will attend a hearing and testify that they want to consent to us adopting her.  We were expecting that this would not occur for another few months because of paperwork we had been waiting for, so we are so excited.  It will be such a huge relief when everything is over.  The way it works is that after consent is given, the birth parents have 21 days to revoke their decision.  After that period of time, Ellie is officially "placed" with us for the purpose of adoption by the Court, and they keep the case open for 3-6 months to ensure that we are providing adequate care for Ellie; then the adoption is finalized.  The only real uneasy part though is the next 28 days.  But I really feel that everything will go as planned.

The downside of things was having to again deal with a member of Ellie's birth family who keeps asking for me to drop her off at their house.  Not going to happen.  I do not really understand why they would assume I would change my mind about that in a weeks time.  Seriously. In my world, no means no rather than ask again a week later. I am very protective over her, especially given her rough start. The adoption continues to be stressful on both JG and I as individuals as well as on our marriage.  It is muddy water and being a new parent is mucky enough.

Ellie and I will be attending my friend Ang's baby shower today.  I am still working on the decorations and will probably be up late finishing them.  JG has to work so I will not be able to get anything done in the morning and still have to make a last minute run to the store to finish the center pieces.  I will try to remember to take pics. 

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend with little to no stress.  I hope the same for us:)

No comments:

Post a Comment