Sunday, March 13, 2011

Time Change Sunday

Ellie and I (minus any make-up).  Sexy right?

The weekend is over.  Sigh. I have already informed JG that he will be stuck to my side next weekend because Ellie seems to do better when we are both home. Plus having two people to care for her makes parenting feel much less demanding. We also need to redistribute the "me time" nights a little.  The score is typically JG= 3 to 4 and me= 0 to 1.  As I have said before, trial and error. 

I will be heading into work for a while today and running some errands, since I was unable to yesterday.  I also planned out breakfast and dinner, which is a huge accomplishment for me.  I am getting really sick of eating fast food and I know it is horrible for our health, I have just been bad about ensuring cooking is a priority.  So I will shoot for a few nights this week.   

I was able to get another stack of thank you's done yesterday (finally).  JG is currently sleeping with Ellie so I am having some morning re-group time. I love this about the weekends. It's funny, I used to think it was crazy when mothers would get up really early so that they could get a start on their day and have time to themselves.  I now do the same and find that if I do not, I feel much less focused for the remainder of the day.  So I have been trying to start my day between 4 and 6 a.m. since Ellie will usually sleep well after her early morning feeding. 

I am excited about the time change.  Especially because I usually work into the evening.  It is nice to be able to leave work when it is still light out.  The time change also represents the first hope of spring.  Considering I have yet to put my darn decorations up, that will be one of my goals for today, among many others.  Alright, I better get cracking on breakfast before my two lovelies awake.  Happy time change!

No comments:

Post a Comment