Friday, March 25, 2011
Lived In
It is finally Friday. My favorite flipping day of the week. Ellie had her shots yesterday and has been consistently zonked out since. I hated having to watch her get the shots but I am loving the fact that she is sleeping way more than usual. We have flexible plans today. Our morning will (hopefully) be spent with her napping and me doing laundry, organizing, and washing bottles. This afternoon we will go to work together and get some paperwork done.
I do have to figure out a way to set our home up so that I can do paperwork here. I am just not yet organized enough for that to happen. Not unless I want to be hauling handfuls of papers back and forth between work and home. My idea is to convert the spare bedroom into an office (I lost my former home office space to Ellie), which would require that we purchase a fold out couch. I know JG is unlikely to be receptive to that idea. As I have mentioned before, he does not like change but maybe...since he wants me to be successful and all.
I have been thinking a lot about all of the different projects I want to do and the need to narrow my focus. Part of the problem is, as my brother so kindly stated about our house, "put some pictures up or something, it looks like you just moved in." And in many ways it does. Not one space in our house is finished. I have a million reasons why but the end result is the same; our house is lived in but not yet lovely. My goal is to make all of the spaces of my life into spaces I love to be in; home and work, beautiful but functional. Ellie and I will be running to Michael's today so that I can purchase a sketchpad to keep track of my ideas and the process. I will share as I go. I really am trying. I chipped away at decorating Ellie's nursery last night.
Along the lines of things I love, I purchased a couple of items at Target for myself that I was really excited about. The pics are above. Hope you enjoyed yet another walk through of my scattered thought process in it's bare bones form.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment