Ellie and her beautiful bed head doing a "power on" cheer for her mama. Intense right? lol
My head is finally beginning to clear up enough from babyville thoughts to return to business mode again. I am running to Office Max today to pick up more file folders (which are a complete rip off; 5 for $20, gasp). I have been taking a mental inventory of my office space and it is just not functional for me right now so I am planning a revamp. Now that I have Ellie and am only there for a limited amount of time, I cannot afford to be disorganized and need some tools to keep my work life functioning at an efficient level.
Plus, I need for it to be a space that makes me happy and has plenty of projects children like to do. I want to have happy distractions for the kids. My cases are becoming more and more like Law & Order SVU, which means the things we have to talk about are intense and horrifying to say the least. This also means a lot of Court involvement in my cases = I have to be on top of my game with documentation or it is a major liability for me.
In other news, I seem to have figured out a schedule for work and home, but daycare is squashing it. Ellie does not sleep at daycare. The home she goes to is very small and has 5 other small children who are oh soooooooo interested in Ellie. Like going into the bedroom and waking her up by poking her in the face kind of interested. Not good. So I am not really sure how this is going to work out for us. I am not really convinced that the daycare lady is happy with Ellie there either. JG told me that when he picked Ellie up yesterday, the daycare lady seemed stressed about having her. I would assume this is because of Ellie being a "you cannot put me down EVER or I will scream bloody murder" type of babe.
My mom is here again and taking care of Ellie today for us so I will actually be able to run a few errands after work. I love having help. She had already started ironing our work clothes for us before I had left. I will be working on my office plan this week and let you all know what I am thinking when I have it together a little more. Given my lapse in pay checks, I know I will not be able to afford everything I want yet but having a vision gives me the focus I need to get there. |
No comments:
Post a Comment